Cocoa Beach to Juno Beach
Return to Cocoa Beach
13 Days (3 days longer)
January 19 – January 31
The January Atlantic Coast trips have been very popular. We are scheduling only one Florida trip for 2017. We will have to play “hardball” on the number we can accommodate. The cutoff number will be 30–first come, first served. Receipt of application form, risk form and non-refundable deposit will be necessary to guarantee space on each trip.
We have designed the Florida trip to provide a “Keys”- type experience. We’ll cover our traditional route from Cocoa Beach to Juno Beach with a slower and more relaxed pace. The Cocoa/Juno leg is bicycle friendly and as scenic as any stretch of Florida road. Our longest day will be 52 miles with a 13-day average of 35 miles. Part of the reasoning for designing the route this way is to eliminate camping and the high volume traffic from Juno Beach through Miami. The return trip will have some route changes, but with the same good coastal exposure.
Riders using air transportation to get down to Florida and back are encouraged to fly in and out of Orlando and to use the shuttle that runs between Orlando and Cocoa Beach. Parking for duration of the ride will be available at the motel for riders driving to Cocoa Beach for start of the ride.
Trail Fee: $1,295
Non-Refundable Deposit: $100
Includes the following:
- Team shirt
- Lodging, basic ground arrangements, staff, vehicles, etc.
- Participants will be responsible for getting their own transportation to Cocoa Beach for the start of the trip and back home at the end of the trip.
- Several meals per riding week. Participants will be responsible to buy all other meals.
Optional Expenses: (not included in trail fee)
- Bike rental (13 days) – $130
- Daily spending money (over and above meals you must purchase)
- Bike repairs – All bike repair labor will be charged, and repair parts sold, at a fair price. Please be prepared to pay for these when repairs are made.